The Octavia Hill Society was established in 1992 to promote awareness of the ideas and ideals of Octavia Hill, her family, fellow workers and their relevance in today’s society nationally and internationally.
The society has six aims:
- To create a museum to collect, exhibit, preserve, interpret and document materials that reflect her work and to act as a focal centre for the Society in her birthplace, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
- To encourage the study of her social legacy through lectures and discussion both nationally and internationally, and to fund research where appropriate.
- To promote and foster links between places associated with her work.
- To encourage membership and donations to the Society sufficient to promote the work of the Society.
- To give recognition to people and organisations whose own efforts reflect her ideas and ideals.
- To encourage the preservation of other buildings particularly associated with her work.
To request details of the Octavia Hill Society please telephone: 01945 476358 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org